Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing #5 Microblogging

I love the analogy that technology is to the classroom as the water is to the sea.

Facebook: I signed up: I asked my daughter if I could be a "friend", signed up with a group: School Library Journal and I read the article: Book Clubs for Kids. This might be an enrichment for our 5th graders in MDE's Great Books program. I read Chen's article, 2 Cents Worth, plus Twitter in Plain English.

Does Twitter matter? Ask people in oppressed countries... Twitter spews forth the truth instantaneously and uncensored. In addition, with the use of only 140 characters, it makes one more disciplined in tweeting (?)...less verbal padding, etc.

Twitter in the library? Elementary? The "possibility door" is always open.

Back-channeling: Great concept with focused users. The "rub"? It will be getting presenters comfortable with the audience quasi focused on them.

No comments: