Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing 23: Summation

Watching my indomitable granddaughter, Honeybear, master a new situation (i.e., a Thing ?), I see her unflinching joy and mindfulness in exploring and mastering the given task. Katherine was my inspiration for my blog name, Honeybear, and the honey hive (new knowledge and skills) was to be my "reward" after I would invariably get "stung" during my many forays into this Cyberworld. My animoto reflected my French background, but the "can-can" dance was my mantra to myself: I can-can do this!
I thank all of you who were so supportive and so much help! I am at least quasi- literate when it comes to the new vocabulary. I have yet another new notebook with many a print-out for quick references. I am no where near masterful in using or applying many of our "things", but I can hardly wait to re-explore a few and use them in the library.
If I had not been required to do this, I would not have done it....out of sheer terror and intimidation. You can go to the bank when Dr. Bishop, Liz, and Vaughn say they will never leave you afloat without life support.
Unexpected outcome? I am actually proud of myself!
One word to describe this "pajama professional development"...comprehensive.

2 comments:

fsm said...

Your “can-can do” attitude served you well in this online adventure. Congratulations on your chorus line of newfound knowledge and high-kicking finish!

VWB said...

Whew! I am SO glad to see this final thing...I was worried that it got lost in all the back and forth!
You should be proud...you accomplished a lot! And we will see what else we can cook up that you "can-can" do!