Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing 9: Useful Library-Related Blogs and News Feeds

I have spent over four hours wading through all the required sites. I was inundated with more information than I could possibly process ..or ever want to process. I finally took a break and mopped the kitchen floor. I probed some more. No go! Too much, too complex, can not relate.

Comments: could never get an e-mail verification for Bloglines; OPIX.net was easy to navigate; netvibes you can pitch;related links on Schoollibrary blogs did not work; etc.;etc..I felt I was in a whirlpool getting nowhere fast.

I have never kept a diary. Many a diary laid fallow in a drawer during my teen years. Journal keeper? Of sorts. I suppose I am a combination of a psychological-snippet journalist and a reader's journalist...finding a particurally eloquent sentence or passage from my readings....I pause and add it to my journal. In the article Vicki Davis wrote, How to Create Your Circle of the Wise,
her comments were succinct and comprehensive. From her point of view, I would catagorize my approach to bloggiong as a Learner.

Ms.Davis ended her blog with the question..."If you were able to read the writings, of say Ghandi, on a daily basis, would you?" My answer: The only things I read consistently on a daily basis are school e-mails (manditory).
Ghandi? Perhaps, but I would print it out in hard copy, grab a glass of wine, make a bee-line to my reading chair, curl-up and then read.

No comments: